Wearable/Fibre Art Shop
October 04, 2017
Invitation for10/24/2017 Vendor Applications
Designer Apparel, Unique Accessories, Childrens' & More!
The national, award-winning Alton Mill Arts Centre is opening a Wearable/Fibre Art Shop on the main floor of the historic Alton Mill, from November through Christmas 2017, next to Gallery Gemma Jewellery. Do you know a local designer who produces pieces (silk, linen, leather, wool) with ethical or fair-trade practices?
- each vendor is allotted their own space a provides their own display and merchandising (within overall aesthetic guidelines and coordination)
- full-time salesperson, marketing and sales processing included
- varying amounts of space available
- joint display at front of shop will be attractively merchandised to showcase samples of wares from vendors located towards the rear of the shop
- the shop is equipped with track lighting
- two-month initial commitment through the first week of January 2018; we then hope to make it permanent with the initial vendors having the first right to continue
- fixed monthly fee plus 10% commission
- flexible configurations - fee varies with the amount of space and height used
- initial prices range from the $200s (for approx. 5' of display frontage) to approx. $1,000 per month (for roughly 26' of display frontage in a semi-separated room)
- approx. 50% of the monthly fee goes to cover staff costs, 35% to rent and 15% to marketing and fixed sales costs
- 90% of the revenue from the sales of your products will be remitted to you monthly
- the 10% covers variable costs including sales staff incentive, credit card processing, wrapping supplies, etc.
Vendors will be screened for quality and to ensure an appropriate mix of items.
For a downloadable PDF brochure about this opportunity, click here.