Art of Preserving
- Sun Aug 21, 2 p.m. - 4 p.m.
Chef Pam Fanjoy, one of the chefs behind the Mill's new cafe The Mill Run Eatery, hosts BATCH - cookbook signing and fun preserving demo! Taking place at the Alton Mill on Sunday August 21st, from 2-4pm. Finger foods and cash bar available.
BATCH cookbook features over 200 recipes, tips and techniques for a well preserved kitchen! The goal of BATCH cookbook is to make preserving accessible for newcomers while sharing recipes, techniques and inspiration with experienced home preservers. The book will share everything you need to know about 7 methods of preserving:
- Waterbath canning (including jams, jellies, vinegar pickles)
- Pressure canning (canned vegetables, soups and stocks)
- Dehydrating (fruit slices and leather, granola, dried mushrooms, and candied citrus rind)
- Fermenting (Kimchi, sauerkraut, mead, deli pickles)
- Cellaring (techniques and recipes for quick pickles and jams as well as using your freezer, fridge, windowsill or garage to keep food longer)
- salt and smoke (bacon, duck prosciutto, preserved lemons, lime pickles)
- Infusing (flavored vinegar and booze)
Batch allows you to choose the technique(s) that interest you and provide you with all the knowledge you need to get started!
For tickets to this event, click here. Tickets are $60 plus tax & include a signed copy of the new book BATCH by Joel and Dana from Well Preserved - see you at the event!