Explore Your Creativity
The Alton Mill artists offer a variety of art classes and workshops from painting and drawing to jewellery and pottery. We also host custom corporate team-building or family projects, available to be booked on a one-off basis, subject to a minimum number of participants.
Offerings range from beginners workshops through master classes for those looking to hone their technique or discover new media. You or your kids can sign up for a weekly or semi-weekly class, or a day-long or multi-day workshop .
Currently, the following classes are offered, plus occasional master classes by guests:
- Encaustic painting from beginners to master classes - Andrea Bird, The Hive Encaustic Studio
- Scratchboard art workshops - Margaret Pardy
- Jewellery-making workshops - Gallery Gemma
- Gel Image Transfer workshops - Joanne Lomas
- Mandala Making and Drawing Classes monthly workshops and drop-in sessions - CJ Shelton
- Painting, group painting, private classes - Mark Grice
- Oil painting - Brenda Loschiavo
Check out the links to the artists' own web pages for more detail, or visit our web calendar for a listing of all currently-scheduled classes and workshops (filter for classes & workshops at the upper right hand corner). To book individual classes, please contact the artist directly.
The Bridge Workshop on the lower level of the mill is available for rent on a one-off or regular weekly basis. This is an ideal opportunity for outside artists to have a regular place to work or offer their own classes at the mill without the commitment of a full-time studio. Equipped with tables, chairs, mini-easels and individual storage, this is your bridge to becoming part of the Alton Mill creative community.
To organize a group activity involving multiple disciplines, to book the Bridge Workshop or another space for your own master class, please contact Margi Taylor at Creative Events Management (519) 940-0935 or email: margi(at)altonmill(dot)ca.