Spring Thaw: A Botanical Celebration
- Sat May 04, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Sun May 05, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Alton Mill Arts Centre
Welcome spring with creativity and a celebration of blooms at the annual Spring Open House. Meet the Mill’s artists in their working studios, participate in art workshops, attend talks about gardening and pollination, practice yoga, & discover a special one-weekend-only "Spring Marketplace.”
Find the perfect Mother's Day gift, or celebrate a week early by treating your Mom to a rural adventure in the picturesque Village of Alton!
From our studio artists and galleries:
- flower pot painting & potting for kids with Michele Johnston
- 'Intro to SLR' photography workshop with 1486 Photography
- mini Mother's Day portrait sessions with 1486 Photography
- the release of a brand new spring-themed colouring book by CJ Shelton - Dancing Moon Designs
- a Saturday 'Sacred Geometry' workshop with CJ Shelton - Dancing Moon Designs
- additional workshops with The Hive Encaustic Studio, Joanne Lomas, and Mark Grice (stay tuned for more details!)
- demos by blacksmith Glen Beale in the Livery
- live painting by current featured artists Nancy Moore, in the Noodle Gallery
- a dazzling Pop-Up Shop in Gallery Gemma Jewellery with three New York based jewellery designers
Complete a Village-wide scavenger hunt (starting at the Alton Mill Arts Centre) and earn a badge from Beehive Badgery, meet baby lambs from All Sorts Acres, meet vendors: TresBello, Stonewall Lavendar Farm, Alter Eden, and more.
Stay up to date on altonmill.ca, or follow the event page on Facebook. Full programme to be published in advance of the event.